Finally, a pasta dish you can enjoy completely guilt-free. This Chicken Taco Alfredo feel like an absolute treat yet lightened up, so go ahead and enjoy yourself!
Whenever I create a recipe, I ask myself a few questions:
Are these ingredients I likely already have on hand? check.
Is this recipe simple to prepare? check.
Will my entire family eat it? check.
Is this a meal I would enjoy eating 2x in a week? check.
Chicken Taco Alfredo
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken tenders and season with chili powder, cumin, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Cook for 5 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and roughly chop on a cutting board. Return to pan.
- Add flour to the pan and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and stir well to get up all the browned bits from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Gently stir in yogurt and cook until warmed through, approximately 2 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into the pan and warm through.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE 2 NUTRITION RESOURCES