When I think of chicken parmesan, I think of tender chicken, warm sauce, crispy breadcrumbs and melted cheese. This Chicken Parmesean Casserole recipe is all that and more. Imagine your favorite dish of chicken parmesan, but in a warm easy casserole. This is the perfect dinner option when you’re short on time but craving a warm, homemade meal.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs breaded chicken tenders
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce 28 oz jar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup panko or Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken strips on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool slightly, and roughly chop.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan.
- Top with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella, breadcrumbs, parmesan, and butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Garnish with basil, dried parsley, and dried oregano.
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE 2 NUTRITION RESOURCES