I have been craving pasta salads, pasta salads and more pasta salads lately. We all know and love the traditional versions, so I wanted to create a southwestern twist to mine. I also love a pasta salad that packs a protein punch, so this easy-to-make recipe becomes a full, satisfying meal for myself and my family. The dressing is my “LG Homemade Ranch” recipe, which is Greek yogurt based… a healthier alternative to heavy cream sauces and provides even more protein. Enjoy!
Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 12 oz. package bowtie noodles
- 1 15 oz. can canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.75 oz. can roasted corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie/cooked chicken
- 1 avocado, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 large scallion (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- Combine Greek yogurt, parsley, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper together and mix to create the ranch dressing. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water for 1 minute.
- Combine noodles, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken, avocado, cilantro and scallion in a large bowl.
- Mix in desired amount of ranch dressing and enjoy!