My mom, Debbie Gleisberg is a real gem. She’s the most supportive, involved and fun mother (and now Nana to my 2 boys) that I could ever ask for. She has a famous cheesy hashbrown recipe that is the hit of every holiday meal. In fact, I posted a picture of my Thanksgiving plate and received the best replies on Instagram:
These cheesy hashbrowns are where it’s at: carby potatoes, gooey cheese, and a crispy topping. At a family gathering, you always hear: “did Debbie make her cheesy potatoes?!” At our family dinners, we always fight over who gets the left overs. This Thanksgiving, my mom made 3 batches so that we could eat one and both my sister and I would have a full dish for ourselves.
This recipe is so easy to make and can be made ahead of time to pop in the oven when ready to enjoy. It is always a huge hit, and never disappoints. It’s not the healthiest meal in the world, but we all need some of those too! Clearly, my family loves it and I wanted to share it for you to enjoy as well!
- 2 lb frozen hash brown (cubed/southern style)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine frozen hash browns, sour cream, cheese, coup, salt, pepper. and 1/2 of the melted butter. Mix thoroughly combined. pour into a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup melted butter with crushed corn flakes. Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for about 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to add crunch to the topping. Serve and enjoy.
Meet my mama, Debbie Gleisberg. She’s truly my best friend, number one fan of my life and the best Nana to my boys. I talk to her 10 times per day, and feel beyond grateful that I get to see her multiple times per week. Having a mom as wonderful as her is truly one of my greatest blessings. I hope to be half of the mom she is to me. She definitely sets the bar high… anddd she is the first to watch my Instagram stories ;):)