Who’s ready for this delicious dinner recipes?! Lasagna Chicken is the dinner recipe you’ll have on repeat in your home. My entire family literally inhaled it the first time I served it, and let me tell you… I have never been more excited than I was the following day when I heated up leftovers. For the record: I am pro-leftovers (it’s one less meal to cook!)
I can sum my recipe style up for you real quickly:
1) normal ingredients – I’m not going to a specialty grocery store to buy 1 item I’ll never use again
2) quick + easy to prepare – I’m cooking with 2 kids at my feet so it has to be short + simple
3) delicious – speaking of family… I only cook 1 recipe for meal times, so everyone in my house has to like it, which means it has to taste good
4) aligns with my goals – I also am a stickler on my goals. my meals to have to align with my health and fitness goals, so they are all properly portioned, provide an ample amount of protein, and hit all the macronutrient groups for a balanced meal that supports a fit and lean body
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesean
- 3 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (5-6 oz. each)
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed sheet pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, 2 teaspoons oregano, lemon juice, basil, lemon pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken breast on the prepared pan.
- Cut a slit into the chicken to create a pocket. Repeat with all the chicken.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the chicken breasts, and fasten with toothpicks to close.
- Ladle spaghetti sauce over the chicken breasts, dividing evenly. Divide mozzarella between chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining oregano prior to serving.