Green Bean Casserole… my favorite Thanksgiving recipe! This Thanksgiving side dish staple could use a bit of lightening up. Butttt, I’m not willing to compromise taste for that. I’m super impressed with how this dish came out. It’s definitely healthier than the original but still delivers on the delicious-ness.
Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee
- 3 tbsp unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 /2 tsp pepper
- 1 48 oz. bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 3 oz. container fresh fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour and stir for 1 min.
- Stir in the broth and milk, brining to a light simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans and cook for 5 mins or until warmed through.
- Get a 13x9 inch baking dish and pour in the green bean mixture; top with fried onions.
- Bake for 20 mins or until bubbly.
DOWNLOAD/PRINT TO SAVE RECIPE
PIN TO SAVE RECIPE
Want more recipes like this one? Join the LG Meal Plan!
Get the guidelines on how to see results through food alone and access 100s of recipes.