Summer… the season of burgers. I don’t want it to end! If I just keep posting summer/burger recipes maybe we can pretend it will never end?!
Burgers on the grill are a go-to meal in my home because they’re quick, easy and always seem to satisfy. I’m normally a traditional burger with extra sharp cheddar cheese on top but I’m always up for a switch up.
I created this Greek style burger the other night and you always know when a recipe is good when the husband gives his approval. He’s normally pretty plain Jane with his meal preferences, but he loved this twist. I actually prefer just the burger (no bun) and a side of sweet potato fries.
If you’re a burger type of gal, you have to give the one a try!
Spinach, Feta & Sun Dried Tomato Burger Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns (optional)
- Condiments of your choice
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl.
- Knead in the meat, spinach, tomatoes, feta and spices.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add patties to the pan and cook for ~5 mins; flip and cook another 5-7 mins or until they register 160 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Serve on buns (optional) with condiments.NOTE: instead of hamburger buns, you may opt for Ezekiel/sprouted grain bread or lettuce as a "bun"
PRINT IT TO SAVE:
If you like this recipe, you’ll love the LG Meal Plan…
Easy-to-follow guidelines, 100’s of recipes, exclusive meal plan member emails, and all future updates for free!
See physical results through food + enjoy every bite!
SUMMER FITCATION BUNDLES
The best results come through both fitness and nutrition. Bundle the new Weight Training Plan 2.0 with the Eat Your Way Lean Meal Plan to bring your best (Summer Weekly Meal Menus Included!!)