These crispy chicken tacos have become a family favorite. With a two and three year old in the house, you bet we are always stocked on frozen crispy chicken strips. I’ll toss some in for the kids and then I try and repurpose the chicken for myself in a delicious and different way… hello, crispy chicken tacos.
These are absolutely delicious. Parent and kid friendly. But, so stinkin’ easy to make. The slaw on top is light and refreshing. It is a simple meal to make and enjoy all summer long!
Crispy Chicken Tacos
- 6 frozen crispy chicken strips
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fit a medium rimmed sheet with parchment.
- Place chicken on the prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until hot.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, greek yogurt, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, hot smoked paprika, and salt.
- To assemble, place chicken strips in the bottom of the tortillas, and top with slaw. *Note – Tacos can also be topped with cheese of your choice.
Macro Book + Cookbook BundleProduct on sale