Morning sickness? Nausea? If you’re feeling sick while pregnant, I totally feel for you. I only experienced nausea a few times while pregnant but it was just enough to really empathize for those who experience it regularly while pregnant. Here, I’m sharing my Anti-Nausea Ginger Smoothie Recipe to hopefully help combat some of that morning sickness you may be dealing with.
Also, there are a lot of other benefits to ginger (like anti-inflammatory properties for achy joints and heart burn relief that I was personally interested in too). Check more of those out below!
I always look for natural remedies first and nausea is no different. Ginger has been my go-to for the past few years for nausea as well as for a lot of other health benefits.
Now, with all the recipes I share, I always like to urge you to check with your doctor before eating anything. I am not a medical professional and my advice should not be taken as such.
Ginger is considered safe and beneficial but something that should be discussed with your physician because there is such a thing as too much ginger while pregnant. This is what I drank and was approved by my OB for me, but always check with yours first! Do not use this recipe or take ginger without your doctors permission.
Gosh, isn’t pregnancy just filled wiht major disclaimers about checking with your doctor first?!
It’s so important but I couldn’t help feel overwhelmed (especially as a first time mom!) with all the dos and don’ts. My tip is to keep a running list in the notes section of your phone. That way when you go for your regular appointments, you can quickly rattle things off and get your answers very efficiently and without forgetting things!
- Now why is ginger so beneficial?
- acts as a soothing agent for nausea
- can increase blood circulation
- immune boosting (helpful because pregnancy often lowers our immune system)
- supports the body’s absorption of nutrients
- natural heartburn remedy (this was such a struggle for me near the end of my pregnancy!)
- anti-inflammatory (helps with achy joints as the body becomes bigger and more uncomfortable)
I loved this smoothie as well as lemon ginger water throughout my pregnancy (and all the time if I’m being honest haha. Just be sure to check with your doctor before enjoying it too!Before I share the smoothie recipe…
Hands down my top recommendation if you’re dealing with morning sickness… THIS tea!
I didn’t have morning sickness. In fact, I never actually got sick. For 2-ish weeks, I felt nauseous whenever my stomach was empty. I could feel myself getting hungry but I was nauseous and didn’t want to eat.
You know how much I love Amazon and stumbled upon this tea right when I found out I was pregnant, I ordered it thinking “the reviews are so good that if I get morning sickness, this will be perfect!”
Oh my goodness – it’s amazing! I’ve recommended it to so many pregnant women and they all give glowing reviews.
Anti-Nausea Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6-8 strawberries
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or gluten free oats
- 2 tsp grated ginger to desired amount and taste (check with your doctor first!)
- 1/2 tsp thinly sliced baby spinach
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.