If you love food, you’ll love this post. First off, I’m sharing the recipe I’ve made most over the past 5 weeks AND I have exciting news.
5 weeks ago, I set a goal to cook one new recipe every day extending through the challenge. My intention was to get excited about cooking healthy meals; the more excited I am about getting into the kitchen, the easier it is for me to enjoy eating well.
As you know, I’ve been sending out Weekly Meal Menus each week to meal plan members consisting of 7 new recipes; so I tried my best to make one each day (I didn’t get to it every day but I hit my goal 80%). The recipe I noticed myself making over and over was the Spicy & Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Pepper recipe.
I always know the sign of a great (not just good) recipe by my husband asking me to make the meal again, which he did! Several times! Personally, my favorite part is the use of rotisserie chicken and just a few additional, simple ingredients as it made the meal about 5 minutes of hand on prep time.
This recipe was from the Week 1 Meal Menu… I enjoyed this meal so much I wanted to share it with all of you.
Spicy & Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Pepper Recipe
- 4 large orange, red or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro (optional)
- Plain, nonfat Greek yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, salsa, cumin, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Place parchment or aluminum foil on a large baking sheet.
- Place peppers on the lined baking sheet.
- Divide chicken mixture between peppers, and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Top with cilantro and, if desired, Greek yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
It’s really important to me that you always receive new nutrition content. The more options you have, the more you’ll be enjoying and the better results you’ll see.