If you’re never tried a tortilla pizza, allow me to introduce you. First off, you know I’m a real deal food lover. I LOVE to eat. And, I LOVEEE to eat good food (not “healthy good” rather “good good”). Trust and believe all my healthy recipes don’t disappoint on taste, including this tortilla pizza. The tortilla serves as a crust- it’s lower in carbohydrates, perfectly portioned and easily to tailor to your preferences like gluten free.
This is my classic, go-to pizza recipe, but the tortilla pizza can really be spun however you enjoy it most by picking your pizza toppings!
Sausage & Mushroom Tortilla Pizza
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 baby bella mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 small (6 in.) flour tortillas or 2 large tortillas
- 4 oz precooked chicken sausage diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Drain on paper towels.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Divide pizza sauce between the flour tortillas and top with precooked sausage, cooked mushrooms, and top with mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until tortillas are crispy and the cheese is browned and melted.