There are some recipes that you make, and make again, anddd make again.
You know the meal so well that you don’t have to refer back to the recipe. Your family requests this meal. And, it’s becomes part of your regular meal rotation. That’s this meal for me.
Don’t want to grill?! Pop these in the oven for 25-30ish minutes. Check them around 20 minutes because with red meat you can cook to your preference.
I’ll admit that my husband grills all of our meals. I prep the food. Then, I
bark orders kindly instruct him as to what to do on the grill.
I need to grow up a bit and learn how to work our grill but the last time I did, there was some sort of fire flaming out the sides and it scared me from attempting anything else.
Anyway, whether you’re cooking on the grill or in the oven, you’ll love these!
Philly Cheese Steak Foil Packets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 small red or white onion thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 buns or baked potatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat; in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Add the beef, bell peppers, and onion; stir well to coat
- Divide mixture between 4 large pieces of aluminum foil and fold the packs up and seal tightly
- Grill for 10 mins, or until beef is cooked through
- Gently open the packs, and top each with provolone; grill for 3 mins, or until the cheese has melted
- Top with dried parsley and oregano
- Serve on a bun or with a baked potato