Here is a glimpse at what I eat in an entire day. Today’s meals were especially quick and easy… many of them were what I call “meal assembly” in which I just put together a few options for a faster meal. Also, check out my dinner and PM snack because the combination of a super satisfying dinner and macro-friendly snack keep me feeling satisfied while well on my way to my goals.
I follow intermittent fasting for fat loss and overall health benefits (more on IF HERE), so my breakfast usually goes down in the 10 AM hour.
WHAT I ATE FOR BREAKFAST:
- protein shake: 1 scoop protein powder + 10 oz water
- Dave’s Killer Bread 21 grain, thin slices x2
- Jiff’s Natural Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp
- Trader Joe’s Strawberry Fruit Preserves, 1/2 tsp
I don’t take a formal lunch break so I like for my lunch to be something that can be quickly assembled or a reheatable option from last night’s dinner.
WHAT I ATE FOR LUNCH:
- 4 oz breaded chicken breasts
- 2-3 cups salad; I get the Caesar salad kit from my local HEB grocery store
- 2 tbsp Bolthouse Farm’s Caesar yogurt dressing
- a few Pringles I found in the pantry (if I’m keeping this an honest meal log)
I have an “afternoon snack” around 3 PM. It’s that time of the day where my energy dips and my cravings kick in. Depending on how hungry I am, this snack is lighter or heavier. Today was a lighter day. When I’m hungrier, I make this more of a “meal.”
WHAT I ATE FOR AN AFTERNOON SNACK:
- Collagen – I love a collagen drink in the afternoon because 1) benefits of collagen and 2) a great serving of protein (fills me up!); THIS is the one I had today
- Chomps Beef Stick – today, I had my afternoon snack on the go, picking up my son from school and running an errand so this was my option to snack on in the car
- Cashews – because I was in the car, I grabbed a handful of nuts for healthy fats. This also slows down the overall digestion of everything I consumed to feel fuller longer
My dinner is the 1 meal of the day that I put a lot of effort and time into. It is also the biggest meal of my day. I find that the better my dinner is, the more satisfied I feel and the less likely I am to snack and overeat later in the evening.
WHATE I ATE FOR DINNER:
- California Grilled Chicken, recipe in THIS cookbook
- Roasted Balsamic Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Annie’s Organic Mac + Cheese – I made this for my sons to eat with some more basic grilled chicken and I ate a little less than a cup myself
I am a snacker at heart and even when I am serious about my healthy eating, I love incorporating a snack to mentally satisfy my snack desires. I don’t think snacking is necessarily “bad” – I simply just aim to have higher protein snacks that fit my overall macros/portions.
WHAT I ATE FOR A PM SNACK:
- Cookie Dough – I have this almost every evening and I feel like I am enjoying an indulgent dessert; recipe found in this cookbook
Please post the recipe for the Cookie Dough??? It looks amazing!!!