Week 5 is beginning with a BANG! A bangin’ booty that is!!
The weighted movements will not only work the lower body, but also sculpt the core as the balance integration comes into play. The plyometric exercises will help fatigue the legs and booty while revving up that heart rate! You’re really going to love this one!
FIT PORTION WORKOUT:
- If you prefer to count reps 30sec -> 15 reps
- 60 sec intervals allow you to perform 30 sec of the movement on each side
- 10 minutes of…. SPRINTS (30 secs sprint, 30 secs rest)
- Sprints can be on the pavement, treadmill, bike, elliptical or even running in place at max effort
Healthy Habit: STEP INSIDE….. MY PANTRY!
We learn so much from each other and with those connections, inspiration flows! I’m thrilled this week’s healthy habit theme is “Step inside…. my _____” By sharing how we implement our healthy habits, we can help solidify them, making this healthy, happy lifestyle come even more effortlessly!
About my pantry: Growing up, we had a large pantry. In my last apartment, I had a ginormous walk in pantry. Now, my teeny tiny pantry actually works to my benefit… less space = less room for food to pile up = see/eat more of what’s in there = less food and money wasted. About 70% of the things I eat come from whole food sources that I cook ((mostly things found in the refrigerator)) The majority of my carbohydrate sources and some fats are kept in the pantry!
My top shelf holds half of my tea and some of Anthony’s coffee. Plus, as you can see a ridiculous amount of straws… I’m obsessed!
My second self always contains the boxed food items and fats
- Trader Joes Maple Pecan Granola
- Puffins Honey Rice Cereal
- Vans Crackers ((Everything + Cheese))
- Raw Sunflower Seeds
- Sliced Almonds
- Cinnamon Almonds
- Earth Balance Peanut + Coconut Spread ((the best))
The third shelf is a collection of rice and pasta. My husband is huuuuge into rice ((he seriously eats it with breakfast)) Rice is actually at the base of a lot of carbohydrate food items I like!
- Wild Rice ((Minute, Ready To Serve Packs <- my hubby used to take these to work all the time, perfect for fresh rice away from home – he currently likes rice-a-roni too))
- Jasmine Rice
- Lundberg Risotto
- Brown Rice Pasta
The bottom shelf contains the stuff I try not to reach for plus a little bit of the miscellaneous stuff. As a general tip, I always place the healthiest items at eye level. I shove the chips in the back corner of the bottom shelf to keep myself from grabbing a few when I swing by the pantry. Why do I seem to wander in the kitchen and opening the pantry?!
- Non-GMO Corn Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Skinny Pop
- Almond Milk
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Ians Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs ((these are great!))
- Dried Cranberries
- Dried Mango
- Tomato Paste ((that’s random lol))