In my food critique book, there is “healthy good” and “good good” – these peanut butter blossoms are “good good” Plus, they’re healthy and protein packed!
You know by now, I’m obsessed with the holidays. I thought it would be fun in this post to share 10 things that I do during the holiday season.
If you’re not interested, feel free to scroll down for the recipe 🙂
1. CHRISTMAS CARD – I go all out on our Christmas card. We schedule a family photo shoot. I take time planning coordinating outfits & a location (typically I have to plan around my husbands outfit because go figure he is the most picky). I typically go through Shutterfly but this year I chose Minted for our cards #notsponsored I even do a photo stamp which is my favorite part. I’ll be sure to share our cards when they arrive!
2. 25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS – I get the 25 days of Christmas schedule as soon as it comes out and I record all the movies I love. I’m not a big movie person but I could easily watch a Christmas movie every day. Elf & Christmas Vacation are my favorite.
3. FAMILY PJs – this is a tradition I’m beginning this year. For as long as my kids will put up with it (haha!), I will be buying family Christmas PJs. I already got ours this year (these). I give them for St. Nick and then we can wear them all throughout the season.
4. XMAS EVE – I host Christmas Eve at our home and I have every minute planned: gingerbread house contents, cookie decorating, yummy food, and of course we watch Christmas Vacation to end the night. Oh yeah… and you’re only allowed in the door if you’re wearing your Christmas PJs! Even my dad wears red sweatpants lol.
5. MONEY ON MEMORIES – Anthony and I have been together for 11 years now, so gift exchanging feels like an everyday activity. About 5 years ago, we came up with a “money on memories” gifting approach. Basically, the only “gifts” we can give each other are if they create a memory (examples: concert tickets, weekend getaways, dinner/movie gift cards, etc.) It’s so much better than material things!
6. CHRISTMAS MUSIC DANCE PARTIES – every morning we blast and I mean BLAST Christmas music as we get ready and eat breakfast. Leo loves it! We have little dance parties in the family room and he is just all smiles.
7. DECORATING – oh, I almost forgot to mention my husband’s decorating timeline. He says: November 1st we can begin decorating inside. The day after Thanksgiving we can put up exterior decorations. It’s so premature but I will soak up the red and green for as long as I can!
8. CAR COSTUME – yes, I did! I am one of those crazy ladies who bought a car costume this year. Red nose on the front. Tail on the back. Antlers. Again, until my son says “mom take that off that’s embarrassing… I’ll enjoy it.
9. WRAPPING PAPER – I plan out my wrapping paper style. OCD gal meets Christmas. Last year, I had a brown paper theme. I used all brown paper and really dressed it up with ribbons, bows and I even added in greenery. I’m not sure what style I’m going for this year. Paper Source is my favorite place to find stuff.
10. GIVING > RECEIVING – I so look forward to giving gifts over the holidays and I put a lot of thought and care into what I get for other people. My mom is the ultimate gift-giver and I believe I inherited part of her gift giving style. She just has a ways of gifting things (even inexpensive things) that make you feel like she truly cares and knows you inside and out. Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to what I got them this year!
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
12 Hersey’s kisses
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg and protein powder.
Fit a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
Divide the mixture into 12 balls
Place on parchment. Using the tines of a fork, flatten into a disc. Turk the fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
Place the chocolate in the middle of the cookies.
Bake 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
Season with a bit of salt and let cool on a cooling rack.
DOWNLOAD/PRINT TO SAVE RECIPE
Want more recipes like this one? Join the LG Meal Plan!
Get the guidelines on how to see results through food alone and access 100s of recipes.